Kennedy Soft has a dedicated team of highly experienced Domain/Subject Matter Experts, Functional & Technical Consultants, Solution Architects and MOSS 2007 Developers as part of the SharePoint services Delivery Team. Implementation Review, Solution Architecture, Functionality Mapping, Application Integration, Migration Analysis, Governance, Adoption & Training and Best Practices Consulting form the hallmark of our SharePoint service offerings.
Kennedy Soft's Offerings for SharePoint services (MOSS 2007)
- Portal Conceptualization (Customer Portal/ Employee Portal/ Supplier Portal)
- Information Consolidation Assessment
- SharePoint Requirements Spotlight
- Fast Track to SharePoint
- SharePoint services Best Practices
- ECM/Portal Implementation Roadmap
- OOB Implementation
- Design and development of site themes and templates
- Development of custom web parts; business centric applications
- Design and development of custom workflows
- Design and creation of custom security providers and authentication models.
- Migration from SharePoint 2003, Live Link and other similar Platforms
Kennedy Soft's Methodology
Kennedy Soft's Best Practices
- Information Architecture & Design
- SharePoint Governance
- Content Governance
- Enterprise Rollout
- User Adoption & Change Management
Kennedy Soft Value Proposition
- Our in-depth experience in architecting and implementing solutions on SharePoint (2001, 2003 & 2007) Framework helps us precisely map product functionalities to various business scenarios, thereby providing our clients with the best possible solution.
- Kennedy Soft has built best practice implementation guidelines for SharePoint Implementation based on the experiences captured and distilled over the years
- Kennedy Soft has built its SharePoint Governance Model and Training & Adoption Roadmap which ensures successful rollout and acceptance of SharePoint
- We have developed Migration Guidelines and have designed Tools to effectively migrate from older versions of SharePoint. We are also working on MOSS 2007 and EMC-Documentum integration and exploring the best of both technologies in the ECM, BPM and Collaboration Space.
Top 10 benefits of SharePoint Services:
1.Improve team productivity with easy-to-use collaborative tools-
Connect people with the information and resources they need. Users can create team workspaces, coordinate calendars, organize documents, and receive important notifications and updates through communication features including announcements and alerts, as well as the new templates for creating blogs and wikis. While mobile, users can take advantage of convenient offline synchronization capabilities.
2.Easily manage documents and help ensure integrity of content-
With enhanced document management capabilities including the option to activate required document checkout before editing, the ability to view revisions to documents and restore to previous versions, and the control to set document- and item-level security, Windows SharePoint Services can help ensure the integrity of documents stored on team sites.
3. Get users up to speed quickly-
User interface improvements in Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 include enhanced views and menus that simplify navigation within and among SharePoint sites. Integration with familiar productivity tools, including programs in the Microsoft Office system, makes it easy for users to get up to speed quickly. For example, users can create workspaces, post and edit documents, and view and update calendars on SharePoint sites, all while working within Microsoft Office system files and programs.
4. Deploy solutions tailored to your business processes-
While standard workspaces in Windows SharePoint Services are easy to implement, organizations seeking a more customized deployment can get started quickly with application templates for addressing specific business processes or sets of tasks.
5. Build a collaboration environment quickly and easily-
Easy to manage and easy to scale, Windows SharePoint Services enables IT departments to deploy a collaborative environment with minimal administrative time and effort, from simple, single-server configurations to more robust enterprise configurations. Because deployment settings can be flexibly changed, less pre-planning time is required and companies can get started even faster.
6. Reduce the complexity of securing business information-
Windows SharePoint Services provides IT with advanced administrative controls for increasing the security of information resources, while decreasing cost and complexity associated with site provisioning, site management, and support. Take advantage of better controls for site life-cycle management, site memberships and permissions, and storage limits.
7. Provide sophisticated controls for securing company resources-
IT departments can now set permissions as deep down as the document or item level, and site managers, teams, and other work groups can initiate self-service collaborative workspaces and tasks within these preset parameters. New features enable IT to set top-down policies for better content recovery and users, groups, and team workspace site administration.
8. Take file sharing to a new level with robust storage capabilities-
Windows SharePoint Services supplies workspaces with document storage and retrieval features, including check-in/check-out functionality, version history, custom metadata, and customizable views. New features in Windows SharePoint Services include enhanced recycle bin functionality for easier recovery of content and improved backup and restoration.
9. Easily scale your collaboration solution to meet business needs-
Quickly and easily manage and configure Windows SharePoint Services using a Web browser or command-line utilities. Manage server farms, servers, and sites using the Microsoft .NET Framework, which enables a variety of custom and third-party administration solution offerings.
10. Provide a cost-effective foundation for building Web-based applications-
Windows SharePoint Services exposes a common framework for document management and collaboration from which flexible and scalable Web applications and Internet sites, specific to the needs of the organization, can be built. Integration with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 expands these capabilities further to offer enterprise-wide functionality for records management, search, workflows, portals, personalized sites, and more.